Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Obviously it's not just me

But when I check out PokerNews and find a page rank of 5/10 for those guys, I figure something is screwy with Google's algorithm somewhere. Obviously it's only Google that's allowed to make money selling ads or anything else in today's internet world.

So stop using Google. I just did a Yahoo! search, and lo and behold this little site was #1 on Yahoo! It's not much, but I don't have to use google for my search engine. So spread the word - if Google is going to tank poker blogs, the least we can do is avoid using Google as a search engine.

I'm not Pollyanna enough to expect this to accomplish anything, nor do I intend to not use Google's software for anything (as I sit here posting this blog on a Google-owner software platform), but since apparently I don't exist to that search engine, then that search engine doesn't have to exist to me.

1 comment:

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

The Rooster has an interesting take on this topic.