Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Friday, May 30, 2008

Too much tech?

As I was writing an email to my new boss (more to come on my new side gig next week once I survive the first test of my ability to actually do the job) giving him my MSN messenger ID, I got an email from my new cohort on this gig asking for my Yahoo! ID so he could IM me.

Now I primarily use AIM for work, because that's what my company uses, and I use GTalk for my personal IMs, because I drank the Google Kool-Aid a long time ago, but I do actually have Yahoo and MSN chat accounts.

And a Skype account, because that's how PokerNews communicates.

And I use Adium to collect all my accounts into one umbrella, because Pidgin is PC-only, so I had to find a new aggregator.

And I have JiveTalk on my Blackberry so I can get chats during the evening or weekends when I'm away from a PC (which for the next 7 weeks might be never).

Now that I'm all Twitter-pated, I might be a little too connected.

But if you wanna find me - here's how.

Skype - johnhartness
GTalk - johnhartness
AIM - jhartnessnc
Yahoo! - pokerstage
MSN - johnhartness AT gmail DOT com

and most of you have my cell phone, so I figure anybody who gives a shit now knows how to get in touch with me in any of half a dozen or more different methods.

Yes, it's Friday. No, I don't want to spend the last two hours of my workday working. Yes, my WSOP kicks off early tomorrow morning, when I get up to at the buttcrack of dawn to do my first recap of the series - the $10,000 PLHE event for PokerNews. I'll be doing a bunch of the recaps from the beginning this year, splitting time with the finest cleavage in poker (aka she of the hat) and a new person who I don't know yet.

Blogged with the Flock Browser

1 comment:

Caleb Moyer said...

Hello matte great blog