Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Friday, March 14, 2008

Summer Gathering?

So I've gotten several emails asking me for details about the summer blogger gathering, and the truth is, I don't have any. I had pretty much decided to retire from the blogger organizing gig after this past December, and I'm not even sure I'm going to make it to Vegas this summer. If I go out for the WSOP at all, which is pretty questionable at this point, it will be early in June, before my rehearsals for 12th Night get too absolutely ridiculous.

Also, the Venetian is unlikely to serve as a host for us in June, since they will be having their Deep Stack Extravaganza during the WSOP, and there aren't many other venues that are acceptable to us any more.

So I guess what I'm asking is - who wants to organize the summer blogger gathering? 'Cause I can't even promise attendance right now, much less organization. I will certainly try to attend, because I miss all you guys and gals, but work has kept me on the road a lot lately, and once I get a chance to decompress a little I want to spend some time hanging with the wife and riding my bike.

I would like to go out for a little while around June 7-9 and see everyone, and I'm happy to organize some loose activities (read as: this is where we'll get drunk tonight) if folks want to hang, but I'm not into setting up another private tournament. So lemme know if someone wants to take up the reins of herding the kittens and setting up a tourney, or if you guys just wanna get together and party and drink that first weekend of June.

No comments: