Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Writing

Lots. None of it here. I'm recapping all the Aussie Millions events for PokerNews and the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure for PokerWorks. I didn't expect PN to want recaps of all the preliminary events at the Aussie Millions, so it's taken me a couple of days to get my schedule straight and make sure that I'm going to bed early enough to get up early enough to write for 'Works, then do the Aussie recaps on my lunch break. If this goes well, I can pay off the Christmas credit card bills a couple months early thanks to increased freelance work.

Now if a couple of people would book major tournaments for May, so I can afford to play the WSOP Shootout this summer...

On that front, I am again going to try to play a WSOP event this year. But with new goals emerging for physical and financial well-being, it might not happen. I've decided that if I buckle down and pay off as much debt as possible, I can likely be completely debt-free within the next ten years. That includes mortgage. That would be nice, but given my very obvious difficulty controlling my penchant for buying new shiny things, it might be tough. So I might blow off all my fiscal conservatism by April and just live like there's no tomorrow. In which case I'll definitely play.

Of course, if I hit the PowerBall on Wednesday, all bets are off, baby!

No comments: