Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Well, that was unexpected...

So this is tech week for Suzy for the show she's costuming, which typically for me means a lot of sitting at home catching up on my DVR'd episodes of Heroes and trying my new yoga DVD.

Yes, I said I have a yoga DVD. It's way harder than it looks. Yes, I'm a big redneck hippy now. Move along, nothing to see here.

Anyway, as I was planning my week of nigh-bachelorhood yesterday, Suzy calls.

"Hey, what's up?"

"Guess what?" There is nothing good that can come of a 'What's up?' during tech week. It invariably means that something catastrophic has happened.

"What?"

"[Actors in the show]'s grandmother died last night."

"Wow, that's a bummer."

"He's leaving town to deal with family stuff."

"Wow, that really sucks."

"We don't know if he'll be back for this weekend's performances."

"Wow, that really, really sucks. What are you going to do?"

"I don't know, I guess [director] is going to do the part for rehearsals and hopefully he comes back this weekend."

"Well," as I open my mouth and insert foot all the way to the kneecap "you know I don't have anything going on this week. I could come stand in for rehearsals."

"Wowthat'sgreatI'llaskthedirectorkthanxbai!"

I think I may have just been played.

So I'll be performing this weekend in a show I've never seen or read. Fortunately I have very few lines. Like seven. Basically I wander in at random moments stoned outta my gourd and fall down a lot.

This could be a stretch.

It's a funny show, and I spend one entire scene with my face planted in an actress's cleavage, so there are some fringe benefits. Last night I went into rehearsal, got my blocking and learned my lines. Tonight I'll have most of a costume.

And I'll be DVR'ing House.

If you're a local, and get a chance, come out and see Dearly Beloved at CPCC this weekend. I'm only in the show for two performances, so hurry up!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think I may have just been played.

Give her a bankroll pronto. That was like level 6 misdirection there.

Joe Speaker said...

You gonna go play the motorboat? You motorboatin' sonofabitch.

gadzooks64 said...

Is it wrong of me to hope that this ends up on YouTube?

P.S. I wish I could make the Winter Blogger's event. I'm sure it will be a blast.

I'm relying on you to regale me with all the gory details.

BamBam said...

Yeah... YouTube !!

Someone out there MUST know someone that can help us out! Let's rally Bloggers!

A little help locals?

Anonymous said...

YES!!! You were BORN to play this role..... UncP