Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Inspiring

If you don't read In Search of Walden, you're missing out on a well-crafted, thoughtful blog of someone who's just like everybody else, working out who she is in this world a little bit at a time, and carrying us along for the ride. Found this little bit in Bloglines today -

Months later, she met the man I consider my father. It was a rough beginning. She was working at McDonald's. He was throwing pickles at his friends. She was pissed because she would have to clean up their mess. She told him so, and he fell in love.

I can see it. That's what good writers do, they paint a picture in a few words that you can see, smell, hear and almost taste vividly. Yup, poker bloggers marry up. This is more proof.

1 comment:

Student of Life said...

Falstaff,
I am so humbled. Thank you so much for your compliments. I write about a lot of useless drivel, but I also use my writing to sort out some stuff in my head. Right now, that project involves my extended family. One of these days, I hope to get it all straight and not be such a crazy ass. In the meantime, you are welcome to check in on my progress and my level of insanity. Thanks again! Hope to see you again soon.