Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Friday, March 16, 2007

Winthrop 74, Notre Dame 64

I told everybody I know that they were better than a #11 seed. With just a couple minutes left, they were looking a lot like a #11 seed. When it's all said and done, and my alma mater has garnered their first EVER NCAA tournament win, they didn't finish like a #11 seed.

It's not news like Duke falling to VCU. People have for weeks been calling them the next George Mason. Fuck George Mason, they're not this year's anybody, except this year's Winthrop Eagles.

3 comments:

BG said...

You're an Eagle? Congrats on your win. I am disappointed, however, that a Winthrop alum like yourself is only able to land himself your Suzy. With a 3/1 girl/guy ratio on campus there, shouldn't you have converted to Mormonism and grabbed yourself your share of the coeds there during your time? Dude, I'd be concubining those bitches all over that campus.

Word up.

John G. Hartness said...

It was more like 5/1 girls to guys when I was there, and I was in fact bagging two other chicks when Suzy and I first got together, but she convinced me to dump the other two.

Anonymous said...

yeah, well with the state of your brain during those days, the other girls probably needed to be "bagged." And I bet they would have left you screwed, blewed, tattoed, broke, bleeding and crying for your mama. At least that's what happened to me. Anyway, you managing to have a mind clear enuff not to run off Suzy was your biggest accomplishment. You're a lucky man my friend. Happy St. Pat's Day.--Unc