Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

SETC day 1ish

So I'm in Atlanta at SETC, one of my favorite trade shows of the year. It's more like a family reunion than a trade show, with some of these folks having been involved in this conference longer than I've been alive. I've come to this trade show every year since 1994, and it's a lot of the same faces each year.

So I absolutely love the fact that I'm stuck in my hotel room with a friggin' sinus infection sick as a motherfucker when I'd much rather be downstairs drinking in the bar with my buddies. I'm not. I'm managing to get through my booth duty and the workshops I have to teach, but that's about all I've got in me.

Today I taught a workshop on troubleshooting a lighting system, and it was pretty well-received. I need tonight to be conscious enough to study lines for a little while and prep for my workshop tomorrow, on how to select the right light board for your facility. I like these workshops because they position our company as experts in the field, and get our faces out in front of customers that may not normally come by the booth.

Tired now, I think I'm ordering room service and taking some drugs to help me sleep.

5 comments:

Garthmeister J. said...

Hope you get better mate!

tcsparky said...

Sorry you're sick. I know how much you were looking forward to this conference...

23skidoo said...

That sucks your sick, and you missed some great weather up until today.

Are you still going to CC's tonight?

I'm not sure where the conference is, but I work in midtown, lunch maybe?

23skidoo at gmail

Anonymous said...

Hope you get better. Especially for Tony rice, Elvis Costello, and Allison Crouse. Along with the rest...sounds like a good time. --Unc

StB said...

I have always wondered where I could learn the fine art of lightboard selection...