Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Monday, November 27, 2006

This sucked

So maybe it wasn't the absolute brightest move to call a preflop all-in re-raise with AKo, but in the Cap NL games you sometimes get some wild ones.

Like the guy who pushed preflop for $30 with ATo.

QJ3 rainbow on the flop.

You know where this is going.

K on the turn.

Ship it. Away.


Very next hand I raise 3xBB with A8 sooted. Not a good hand, but good enough for a cutoff raise. 3 Callers, about 1 more than I really wanted.

588 flop, two spades. A Push and a call in front of me.

With trips, top kicker, I call. I just got pushed into by a guy who limp-called with Kings and a guy who's on an open-ended straight flush draw with the 67s.

9d on the turn.

Pair the board?

Nope. Js on the river.

Ship it. Away. Again.

Glad it's capped, or I'd be down at least $150 right now instead of $60.

An hour later, and I'm back to even, thanks to a couple of people who just couldn't resist pushing all-in on a flush draw when I've made top two pair. Repeatedly.

Those weren't even particularly bad beats, so I'm not paying anybody a dollar, but that shit in your first two hands will make you throw up in your mouth a little fo sho.

Hope everyone had a good turkey day. I ate too much, big shocker for a fat kid. Hung out with the fam and got some great news from my brother on Friday night that I'll share more about later.

Don't you hate when people do that shit? See you in a couple weeks!

No comments: