Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

This feels like Monday

Let’s go for a quickie and take more time a little later, shall we? Congrats to the two winners of the blogger WSOP seats last night, Lucko & Myradiohead. I made a fantastically bad play with a flopped set against a turned flush and IGHN in about 80th place. I can’t even blame a bad beat, just a silly bad play on my part. Interestingly enough, the deeper stacks and longer levels in these events actually work against my strengths in MTT play, I’ve found. Not to mention the fact that a goodly portion of the field is just flat-out better than me (.

We had a celebrity guest over for the home game this week, welcoming fellow Charlotte blogger Special K over to the Casa de Falstaff. Special K managed to net a nice win of almost 2 buy-ins, while I managed to lose almost that same amount. I think I suck at playing when I’m hosting. I spent a lot of time worrying about seating, pizza and shit like that, and not enough time concentrating on my play. We had about 12 folks through the evening, so I set up two tables, which was a little funky, and that threw my focus off. I’ll try to keep the number of folks a little smaller and my focus a little sharper in the future.

I made it pretty deep into the Stars $10 MTT on Sunday night, 74th out of 1700+ for a $25 profit. It feels like a lot of time for not a lot of profit, but fighting my way through these huge fields feels like it’s good for my game. Blew up in a FTP bracelet race early when my flopped set lost to a rivered flush, but that one at least felt like a bad beat, since we got all our money in on the flop.

And really, is there any better way to say “I love you” than to lean over your sleeping wife, kiss the tips of her fingers and say “keep your head under the covers, I just farted next to the bed. Bye.”

No comments: