Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

What day is it?

I'm getting a little lost in what day it is around here. Work is nuts, one of my co-workers is out for a month rehabilitating a blown-out back, and I'm just getting rolling hot & heavy on the biggest project I've ever worked on, a lighting system for almost a million dollars for a church that opens in May. Yeah, don't get me started on the amount of money spent by churches on lighting and video equipment.

Not to mention I'm working tech for this dance concert that I'm theoretically co-designing with the chair of the department. I say theoretically because even after saying he's take care of it last week, and after me cutting loose the subcontractor I was hiring to draft the damn thing, I still haven't seen a light plot outta him! For the non-theatrical ones, a light plot is a graphical representation of the stage with all the lights and where they should go. Very useful in the work I've spent ALL WEEK TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH. So today I resigned myself to never seeing the documentation that I need to do the job, and just plowed ahead. I'm only really frustrated because if he'd bothered to tell me even as late as Monday that he didn't have time to make it happen, I could have done something about it. Now it's just making everything into a muddled mess and things are taking longer than they should to accomplish. Fuckers.

So, because of that, I don't know if I'll be able to play in the blogger WSOP tourney this weekend, and frankly, I probably shouldn't play, the way I'm running. My wife, however, remains on a win streak on the micro-tables at FTP. And it does wonders for my game to sit at the table with her, since I sure as hell hate losing to my wife!

Okay, rant over. Go read Joe's stuff if you're looking for writing, my muse is sleeping.

No comments: