Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Monday, March 13, 2006

That time again

Ahhh, springtime. The sun is shining, the weather is beautiful (I hear Drizzt sobbing in the background) and I have just purchased my tickets to the best friggin’ music festival east of the Mississippi. If you like bluegrass, Americana, or just generally good music, you owe it to yourself to make the trek to North Wilkesboro, NC at least once to the Merle Watson Memorial Music Festival, aka Merlefest. This year the lineup features John Prine, Bob Weir, Bela Fleck, Sam Bush, Emmylou Harris, Robert Earl Keen, Doc Watson, the Duhks and more other killer musicians than I can name. My tickets are for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so if you’re gonna be around, lemme know. It’s less than an hour from Greensboro and only a couple from G-Vegas and Columbia, so get your tickets soon!

3 comments:

TripJax said...

Agreed...the best. So good, I tore my ACL and MCL at a Merlefest many years ago. Damn that was a good time, but that festival cost me a ton in surgery and doctor bills...

Unknown said...

I AM IGNORING YOU!

jremotigue said...

I have a co-worker named Merle. Can he get in for free?