Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

T-shirts & stuff

Inspired by the great Bill, I made up a few T-shirts of my own and opened a Cafe Press store. Buy one if you think they're cool, and help me drink my weight in beer this month! I'll probably be adding shirts & shit as I come up with stuff that I think is witty. I'll usually only be half-right.

On another note - I've got a new theatre project that I want to begin work on. My generation has never had an event as defining to us as the attacks on the US on 9/11/2001. I want to look at our country and our world from five years after those events and see how we have changed as people since then. I'll be spending the next several months in my offline world working on a series of monologues and ensemble dialogue pieces a la Laramie Project or The Exonerated to take a look at these ideas. So I'd like your help.

Here's the deal - if you're interested in being part of this project, email me your answers to the following questions, and let me know if you'd be willing to converse further via email about 9/11 and the events that have followed (the war on terror, Guantanamo Bay, Abu Ghraib, the 2004 election, etc.). I am not interested in making some big political statement in either the pro or anti-Bush camp with this piece, I want to look at how we as people are different now as a result of these events.

1. Where were you when you heard about the attacks? Tell me the story.

2. What did you think was going to happen as a result of this? What has or hasn't happened that you expected?

3. How are you different now? Are you afraid to fly, do you look at people a little differently, anything?

4. What is your strongest memory of that day or the days shortly thereafter?

This is all to be put into a play, so by emailing me answers to these questions you give me the right to edit and dramatize your memories without any compensation other than a "thank you." Just to cover my ass :). Email me stuff at johnhartness at gmail dot com.

Oh yeah, there might be poker played this evening. I got some FTP bonus to clear. Bonus code Falstaff at the best poker site out there!

No comments: