Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Vegas, Baby!

Sometimes life is full of surprises. And sometimes they're even good things.

Good things are logging into your USAirways frequent flyer account for the first time in 4 years to find out that not only do the miles never expire, but that you're only 4,000 miles away from free trip. Better things are logging into your Marriott rewards account to find out that for 20,000 Marriott points, you can buy 5,000 USAirways miles. And you have 34,000 Marriott points.

That math, taken with the fact that 25,000 USAirways miles gets you a free roundtrip coach flight, means that I'm officially going to be in Vegas for the WPBT gathering in December! Clearing my Empire bonus and Stars bonus this weekend didn't hurt, either. Since the flight was fully half my expenses for the trip (except maybe booze if I get to close to Al), this allows the wifey to let me out of town the weekend after our 10th anniversary. Provided I do all sorts of romantic shite the weekend before. Like cuddle in a cabin in Asheville and take the Christmas tour of Biltmore Estate. I'm fine with that, long as there's plenty of Biltmore red wine and gettin' freaky later on.

Rule #1 - Don't visualize.

Rule #2 - No really, don't visualize.

Anyway - see you in Vegas! And I owe Drizz a drink.

No comments: