Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Monday, October 17, 2005

Short bits

Saturday night - up $27 in my home game, breaking a 3-week slide. Frickin' finally! The people around me have progressed in skill really rapidly, and I have spent the last little while pissing away chips in an apparent desire to congratulate them on their growth. Managed to put a stop to the bleeding this weekend. Even Mrs. Falstaff was only down five bucks by the time she decided to blow that pop stand,

Sunday - do-it-yourself computer upgrades from hamfisted electrician continues with installing of new video card. Bootlegged Family Guy episodes look so much cooler now. And I can finally run the Neverwinter Nights expansion pack I bought a year ago before I realized that I'd need a 1GB RAM upgrade, bigger HD AND new video card to run it. I've now officially spent more money upgrading my computer than I spent buying it.

Sunday Evening - Lemured off a bunch of chips with this odd addiction I have to Omaha Hi on Party. Hi, my name is Falstaff and I am an Omaha fish. Played a little $1 SNG on Stars and realized that I need to finish Harrington on Hold Em vol. 2 so I can finish the damn things off. I got so caught up in the fact that my M was down to 9, I stopped paying attention to the fact that everyone else's M was between 2 and 4 and I had the 2nd largest chip stack. Played like a lemur, lost the dollar. Will do it again and again until I hammer out the appropriate closing strategy.

Side note - These $1 5-table SNGs are frickin' luck-fests full of maniacs, but I've found that if you can hang out til the final table, the play there isn't dreadful, as it's usually people doing exactly what I'm doing - using these micro-buyins to plug a leak in their game. At least that's what I hope I'm doing. So far these $1 SNGs are -EV for me, one of just a couple of aspects of my game that are definitely in the red.

I'll try to get some pics of tonight's benefit tourney.

Peace,

J

No comments: