Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Monday, September 12, 2005

Katrina Tournament

The only thing remarkable about the tournament tonight was the turnout for a good cause. Over 2,000 people registered, meaning that over $20K was raised for Katrina relief efforts! And this was only the first of 4 scheduled tourneys. Another kudos to Wil for getting that thing set up.

My play went like it has gone all week - less than stellar. I managed to outlast the ghosts, which was decent. I think I went out #528, which at least outlasted Pauly. Good thing, since he registered but didn't play! Something about being on an airplane, geez. Anyway, my KK got cracked by an AQ turning an Ace, then some other BS hand I had got blown up.

But that isn't what matters. What matters is that over 2,000 people got together t do something good for their fellow human beings, in a field where we're usually considered gamblers, reprobates, and degenerates. Of course, we ARE all those things, but that's irrelevant.

Go read my other blog for more random shite in my life, I'm trying to keep this fucker on topic.

No comments: