Returning the Favor and other Slices of Life

Returning the Favor
Returning the Favor
Now Available on Smashwords for Kindle and other ebook readers!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Theatre stuff

Still looking for a big bang-up show to close next season with. And a director for it. Asked Chris, TJ, Saucy and Joanna to email me ideas. Maybe something good will come out of it.

Rehearsal last night was ok. Wheels fell off about 2/3 of the way through with lines, and I realized that Tom Stoppard is an absolute motherfucker! There's a bit in R&G where Guildenstern is pretending to be Hamlet so that Rosencrantz can ask questions and discern what afflicts Hamlet. Well - all of the lines are written in such a way that the line prompt from the stage manager sounds like random chatter, or the beginnings of a prompt, not the actual line. This led to about 20 minutes of character confusion coupled with actor confusion, compoundd by SM confusion and all turning into a big wierd-ass time warp of absurdist motherfuckerness! We took 5 and tried to get it back together.

I'll be glad when the set is up, working on the 5' platform that is the Torch Song set is killing me. Now I know what I put Glenn through all the time with my monstrous sets that he has to rehearse on.

Peace,

J

No comments: